It is that time again: back-to-school shopping for new clothes. Even at a young age my kids know what they like. They like to express themselves in what they wear. My oldest loves new trendy clothes. He is now 6-years-old but even at 2-years-old he would stand in the closet to pick out his outfit. Whatever I got out stayed on the bed, lol. One of the first things to make back-to-school shopping easy is to pick a great place to shop. JCPenney has all things back-to-school. I love that they have clothes for all 3 of my kids in one place. This makes shopping so much easier for me.
How to Make Back-to-School Shopping Easy
Back-to-school at JCPenney is all about defining your own trend – in your own unique way. Their back-to-school collections are designed to mix and match two distinct trends to fit each student’s individual personality.
Some fall trends for this year:
- The hottest colors for teens this season include blues and reds in deep, rich hues and muted tones. Trendy athleisure apparel adds bursts of bold blues, eye-popping pinks, true reds and bright yellows. Prints are also key to creating the perfect trendy look: Floral prints, tribal patterns, plaids, camouflage and animal prints are all in.
- For kids, look for bright colors and lighthearted, playful graphics along with lots of bold stripes, shiny prints and animal graphics.
- Lifestyle athletic shoes in skate, canvas, low profile and retro are a must this year for kids and teens. You can find retro Chuck Taylor Converse and Adidas, as well as Vans, at JCPenney.
- Colorful, printed backpacks are popular accessories for the new school year.
Two fun things going on with JCPenney this fall:
Bend The Trend:
- It’s Back-to School time and time to show what’s new with the ever-changing “you.” JCPenney believes that it’s not about looking like everyone else, it’s about your individual take on the latest fashion trends. With affordable clothes from JCPenney, there are endless opportunities to express yourself. The collections at JCPenney are designed to allow you to mix up the different styles to create your own unique look and show off your many sides. When shopping for back-to-school clothes, check out their trends including Athleisure, Gym-tastic, and Sophisti-Casual.
- National #ShoutOutDay is 8/12! Who doesn’t love a shout out (AKA compliment)? They fuel self-expression. The more we receive, the more emboldened we become to explore our personal style and best school day selves. That’s why this Back-to-School season, JCPenney is starting a shout-out movement in hopes of bending the trend of judgement prevalent in schools towards one of positive reinforcement. On National #ShoutOutDay, JCPenney will take to social media to fuel shout-outs as they pertain to style. Join in on the conversation and hand out shout-outs to friends, family and followers, using #ShoutOutDay to jump in on the conversation. The hope is to create a snowball effect, with complimentary behavior stretching beyond the world of style in months to come.
My tips for making back-to-school shopping easy:
1. Take a shopping buddy. This could be grandma, dad, or aunt… It comes in handy to have an extra set of hands and is fun for the kids.
2. Let the kids get involved in picking out clothes. Even if it is one special shirt. My oldest is pretty good at picking out clothes. My preschooler wanted to come home with all camo, which is not a bad thing but we needed variety, lol.
3. Take snacks in your purse. They come in handy.
4. Try on clothes if you are not sure how they will fit. This saves time going back to the store to exchange.
5. If possible pick one store to shop at for all the kids. If you have more than one child it can be hard to find sizes for them all in one place.
I now have 2 handsome guys with some trendy back to school outfits.
Check out some of the JCPenney promotions below!
- 7/15 – 8/31: $10 kids haircuts for grades K-6th [Valid July 15 – Aug. 31, while appointments last]
- 7/5 – 9/15: $29.99 eyeglasses for kids 16 and under [Valid July 5 – Sept. 15].
- 8/9 -8/11: Friends and Family-Ex 25% Off with JCP Card, extra 15% any other method of payment.
- 8/13 – 8/15: Super Saturday Sale, $10 off $25
Be sure to follow JCPenney for all the latest news:
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | YouTube | Google+ | We Heart It | Polyvore
What top trends are on your Back-to-School shopping list this fall? Tell me in the comments for a chance to win a $100 JCPenney gift card.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 8/10/2015 – 9/10/2015
Be sure to visit JCPenney’s brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!